As I write and edit my books, there’s always a litany of songs flowing through my brain. Sometimes those songs stick with me as perfect accompaniment to a scene or feeling I’m trying to convey. Here’s my playlist for American Royalty. It portrays some of the feelings the characters go through, and some of the emotions I had in writing them. I hope you connect with and enjoy this list this as much as I have!
Find it on Spotify here!
- Only Love Can Hurt Like This – Paloma Faith
- Water Under the Bridge – Adele
- American Girl – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- Heavenly Day – Patty Griffin
- Fix You – Coldplay
- This is What You Came For – Calvin Harris and Rihanna
- Say Something – Great Big World, Christina Aguilera
- Honest – Joseph
- Elastic Heart – Sia
- Drop the Game – Flume, Chet Faker
- White Horse – Taylor Swift
- Breathe In Breathe Out – Mat Kearney
- I Will Wait – Mumford and Sons